What is a Private Class?
A private class is by invitation only hosted by an individual or organization.
Benefits of Hosting a Class
Organizing a private class can offer the host a number of benefits, such as:
- The flexibility to choose the date and time
- Incentives – 25% off the tuition fee (see ‘Hostess Discount’ below)
- Inviting a group of like-minded peers and friends to share in the fun and informative experience
- Group of friends all hearing the same information
Role of a Host
As the host, you would gather a group. You choose the date and time and we come to you. Typically, classes are hosted in a private home or other location of your choice with parents on couches and kids on the floor right next to their parent.
You can use any suitable location such as a school, community clubhouse, religious facility, business or any other facility that provides enough space for the amount of people expected.
Before You Contact Our Office
1. Take a look at the course page
- Get some general information about pricing
- Download the registration flyer
- Share the flyer when you contact your potential group
2. Network with your friends. Garner interest from your group and aim for a minimum of twelve committed attendees.
3. Courses are booked at least a month in advance.
- Contact the office with at least 3 possible dates
- Morning classes usually start between 9am to 10:30am
- Afternoon classes usually start at either 1:00pm or 1:30pm
- Evening classes usually start at 6:00pm or 6:30pm (may start earlier if requested)
4. Prepare your list of attendees. Email a list of parents’ and kids’ names (first and last) to firstname.lastname@example.org. This list does not need to be a confirmed list of attendees; rather it can just include potential invitees. This list is how you confirm a date on our calendar. Availability on our calendar is first come, first served.
5. Policy for deposits. Deposits are required for any courses held on Sundays or any time during the month of May. Once a date is confirmed on our calendar, deposits can be paid online or by mail. Deposits are equal to one paid registration.
6. Confirmation. Once all the criteria is met, we’ll send a confirmation with all of the details.
After Confirmation is Received
7. Registration. A registration link will be posted on our website within a few days. We will confirm with you via email once it is available.
8. Contact your group. Direct your attendees to register either via mail or online (directions will be included in the confirmation). We’ll keep in touch with you as registrations are received.
9. Course tuition fees. All course tuition fees are due at least two weeks prior to the start of your class. Tuition fees increase after the registration due date which would be posted on the website.
10. Educator introductions. One of our certified educators will contact you the day before your class to introduce themselves, answer any questions and confirm all of the details with you.
- Minimum registration of eleven couples (ten parents + the hostess)
- All registrations received at least two-weeks prior to the start of your course
- Valid in Orange County, California, only
- 25% off the tuition fee for the hostess and their child will be reimbursed after the successful completion of your class
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I want to book a class less than a month in advance?
Pending availability on our calendar, we do accept bookings less than a month in advance. Tuition for courses must be paid in full, one lump sum, at least two-weeks prior to the start of the course.
What if I have smaller group?
The minimums are in place because experience shows that these are the most successful classes – for parents and for kids. Group dynamics play an important part in creating the synergy that happens in the room. If you are still most interested in a smaller group, the minimum we would consider is six parent-child couples. The minimum registration amount still must be met. In addition, we have found that by asking friends of friends to join is a great way to meet the requirement for minimum numbers. On occasion, we might be able to combine two smaller groups for a larger class. Please contact the office for more details.
Can I have more than fifteen parents?
We limit the number of participants to maintain intimacy for an intimate subject. Experience shows these are the most successful classes. When classes get too large, it becomes more challenging to engage each child in the experience and draw them in to participate.
What if I need to reschedule my course?
Please contact the office as soon as possible if you need to reschedule. A fee will be assessed.
What if I need to cancel my class?
You have up until two weeks prior to the start of your class to cancel. If you need to cancel less than two weeks prior to the start of your class, an administrative fee of $35 will be assessed. Attendees will have the option to transfer their registration to another class or receive a full refund.
What if I don’t have enough friends who sign up before the registration due date?
Option 1: Pay the balance of the remaining minimum tuition amount due.
Option 2: Reschedule the entire class in order to allow for more time to gather additional attendees.
Option 3: Transfer registration to another class or receive a refund less the administrative fee of $35.
What do I need to provide?
Please provide chairs or couches for parents to sit on and chairs or floor space immediately next to parents for kids. For Puber-Tea and Guy Talk, we provide light refreshments for the kids; please provide water for the adults. Please provide a small table and space for the educator’s presentation materials.
Is it okay to serve alcohol?
Alcohol is strictly prohibited at our courses. We have a very strict no alcohol policy and your course will be cancelled if an educator arrives to find parents consuming alcoholic beverages.
What if I’m not in Orange County?
The minimums are slightly higher for courses held outside of our service area (see chart below). In some cases, we might be able to schedule courses with multiple sessions over an entire day or weekend (California only). Contact the office for additional details. If you are planning for the course to be held more than 100 miles away from our service area, please contact the office for remote options.