Did you know? The Birds & Bees Connection offers parent-only presentations on a variety of topics. Book us for breakfast with your moms’ group, dessert with other Boy or Girl Scout Troop parents, a lunch-and-learn at the office or a PTA meeting at your child’s school. We are available seven days a week — morning, afternoon, or evening — to answer questions and address parents’ concerns. Contact us today!
Fill in the form at the bottom of this page to inquire about hosting and prices. Presentations can be either 60- or 90-minutes long.
For parents of children ages 0-7
This unique presentation addresses the physical, psychological and emotional development of young children and how early development affects their sexuality and self-esteem in later years. It gives parents of young children access to the questions and concerns that might have.
Some of the topics in Bodies in Motion includes:
- How to Build Self Esteem & Resiliency
- Raising Children in the Technological Age
- How to Foster Healthy Bodies & Minds
- How to Prepare Your Child for Each Transition
- How to Answer Sensitive Questions
For parents with children of any age
This visual presentation is designed specially to help parents with the language and concepts pertaining to “the talk.” This presentation will help parents understand that this subject is an on-going process. The facilitator will share helpful tools and create a forum for questions and answers.
Did you know? A Harris Poll reported that 90% of parents today want to be the primary sex educator for their children, but only 4% actually are.
Some of the topics in Beyond the Birds & Bees:
- What is the “Talk”?
- Why is This Conversation So Difficult?
- How to Make it More Manageable
- Tools and Tips to Begin and Continue Talking
- How This Topic Impacts Self Esteem and Self Worth
- How To Keep the Door of Communication Open
- How to Answer Those Sensitive Questions
For parents of children ages 9-15
In this powerful presentation, you’ll learn about the current research being conducted around the physical and hormonal development of the tween and teen brain.
This information will help parents realize that it’s not just about hormones– the brain plays just as important a role during the adolescent years. We’ll share tools and create a forum for questions and answers.
Some of the topics in Inside the Tween/Teen Brain:
- Current Research and Statics Pertaining to Tween/Teen Brain Development
- What Part the Brain Plays in Resiliency
- Effects of Electronic Abuse
- What Part the Brain Plays in Addiction and Risky Behaviors
- What Parents Can Do to Support Healthy Brain Development
- Questions and Concerns Addressed