About Our Courses
The Birds and Bees Connection has developed a unique model of parent-child courses that celebrate the transition between childhood and adolescence. Our courses create a safe, engaging environment where parents and children come together to openly discuss the physical and emotional changes leading toward, and including, adolescence.
At the Birds and Bees Connection, we help to create a solid foundation whereby parents feel empowered talking with their children, and children gain confidence that leads to an increase of self-esteem and a lasting positive body image.
By educating both parents and children in an engaging, comfortable manner, our goal is to provide accurate information that fosters an open channel of communication about topics that might otherwise be difficult to broach. Ultimately our goal for children is that this experience will translate into good decision-making throughout adolescence.
Courses Offered Within Our Service Area:
- strengthen the bonds between parents and their children
- improve communication skills
- encourage critical thinking
- educate through the use of age-appropriate materials
- establish a deeper bond between parent and child
- set the stage for healthy self-esteem and body image
Children who have taken our courses are more likely to:
- go to their parents with questions and concerns
- make good choices in difficult situations
- feel more prepared for puberty
- be prepared for a positive teen experience
Parents who have taken our courses:
- feel more confident about initiating sensitive discussions in the future
- feel a sense of accomplishment over having taken the “first” step
- feel their child received correct information in a safe, open environment
- feel proactive about building better relationships
Classes are either Open to the Public or Private
- Open to the Public – All families or agencies are eligible to register for these classes
- Private – By invitation only; only families or agencies who specifically belong to this group are eligible to register for these classes.
Are you interested in hosting a class?
There’s more information on hosting on our Host page. If your group or organization is interested in hosting a class, you can contact the Birds & Bees Connection to choose the date(s) and time(s) that work best for you. If you’re ready to go now, you can fill in the form below!